Thursday, May 4, 2017

Next Stop: Almaty


My airfare has been purchased and my next Great Adventure will begin on July 2nd when I leave Dallas, heading for Almaty, Kazakhstan.  The map above illustrates the journey I will be taking through Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan.  These four Central Asian countries, south of Russia, on the west border of China and the northern border of Afghanistan, will give me a great opportunity to explore some of the worlds highest and most beautiful mountain ranges.  Finding my way through these mostly Muslim communities in previous Soviet territories will surely be a unique cultural experience offering new insights and opportunities to challenge my American perspective.

So, I encourage you to join me as I begin my pre-adventure research and continue to follow my blog throughout my travels.  Then, when we all return for the fall semester, we will draw upon our discovers in Central Asia as we enjoy another year of Great Adventure projects and find our place as Global Citizens.

No comments: